This Site contains copyrighted material and other proprietary information including photographs, text, video and graphics (hereinafter ‘the Content’). All such Content on this Site is protected by copyright, trademarks and other rights, which are owned and/or controlled by the Bahá’í International Community. Such ownership and/or control extends to the selection, arrangement and enhancement of the content.
You may freely use material from this Site for your own personal non-commercial use including reprinting, re-emailing, reposting to the World Wide Web or for any non-commercial purpose subject to the terms set down below. Provided you comply with the following terms, no further express permission is required. If you wish to vary any of the terms for a specific non-commercial use, express written permission to do so, must be requested.
- Unless specifically stated to the contrary, copyright must at all times be attributed to the Bahá’í International Community by stating, where appropriate, either “Reprinted with permission of the Bahá’í International Community” or “Reproduced with permission of the Bahá’í International Community” or © Bahá’í International Community.
- Where possible, the use of the Content must be accompanied by a link to this Web Site (in on-line media) or in other media, the URL (http://media.bahai.org) of this Site must be linked to the copyright statement.
- Photographs and other Content cannot be used in any way (including, without limitation, suggesting an association with or endorsement of any product, service, opinion or cause) which conflicts with the intent and premise of the original source.
- Photographs may be edited for size only. Captions (if any) must remain with the Content at all times.
- Although this blanket permission to reproduce the Content from this Site is given freely such that no special permission is required, the Bahá'í International Community retains full copyright protection for all Content on this Site under all applicable national and international laws.
- You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading copyrighted material.
- This Site or any portion of it may not be used, copied, modified, adapted, reproduced, altered, uploaded, downloaded, posted, transmitted, sold, published, translated, used to create derivative works from, distributed or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without the express prior written permission of the Bahá’í International Community. If such permission is specifically granted to copy, reproduce, modify, alter, upload, download, post, transmit, sell, publish or otherwise exploit, no changes or deletion of author attribution, trademark legend or copyright notice shall be made.
- If you believe that content appearing on the Site constitutes copyright infringement of another party's rights, please follow the instructions on our ‘Contact Us’ page.
Creation of an account on our Site
- You agree to provide accurate and current information on the account creation form on the Site. You will not impersonate any person or entity, misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity or your authority from such person or entity, or misrepresent the origin of any content posted on, or distributed through the Site. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your email name(s), password(s), and your account, as well as all activities that occur under your account.
Uploading files to our Site
- By contributing or submitting photographs, or any other materials which will form part of the Content, you warrant that you are the owner of the materials and that you automatically grant (or warrant that the owner of such rights has expressly granted) the Bahá’í International Community an irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable and worldwide right and licence to use, copy, modify, adapt, reproduce, alter, upload, download, post, transmit, publish, translate, create derivative works from and distribute such material or incorporate such material into any form, medium or technology without compensation to you or to any other person. In addition, you also warrant that, where applicable, all moral rights in those materials have been waived.
You are personally responsible for any content that you post or transmit on or through the Site. You will not use the Site to distribute, link to, or solicit content that: (1) is unlawful, harmful to minors, threatening, harassing, abusive, defamatory, vulgar, gratuitously violent, obscene, pornographic, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise offensive; (2) infringes someone else's intellectual property or other rights; (3) advocates or solicits violence or other criminal conduct or violates any law, regulation, or contract; (4) constitutes unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, junk or bulk e-mail, chain letters, or any other unsolicited commercial communication; (5) contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment; or (6) damages, detrimentally interferes with, surreptitiously intercepts, or expropriates any system, data, or personal information. You will comply with all applicable laws and regulations regarding online conduct and content. You will not use the Site to collect, store, or use information about others for the purpose of sending unsolicited or unauthorized communications. Except as we specifically authorize (via license or otherwise), you will not reproduce, distribute, or commercially exploit any part of the Site.
- You shall not upload files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents.
- You shall not upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer.
- You expressly agree that use of this Site is at your sole risk. The Bahá’í International Community makes no representations or warranties that use of this Site will be uninterrupted or error-free. You are responsible for taking all necessary precautions to ensure that any content you may obtain from our Site is free of viruses, errors, defects or other damaging elements. You assume the cost of service, repairs or corrections to your hardware, software or other equipment.
- The Bahá'í International Community will not be responsible to any person or organization for any liability for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages that may result from any access to or use of the Content on our Site.
Links From Other Sites
- The Bahá’í International Community welcomes links to this site except where the link is to a website where the content suggests or demonstrates an association with or endorsement of any product, service, opinion or cause which conflicts with the intent and premise of this Site.
- If children wish to use this Site, the Bahá’í international Community encourages them to consult with their parents before furnishing data. It should be noted that the Bahá’í International Community does not collect any personally identifiable information specifically targeting children during the creation of an account.
Violations and Additional Policies
- The Bahá’í International Community reserves the right to seek all remedies available at law and in equity for violations of any of the conditions set forth on this Site, including but not limited to the right to block access to our Site from a particular Internet address.